The use of an accurate scale is strongly recommended with the use of
this powder bushing chart. Many things can cause a variation from the
weight listed on the chart. They include but are not limited to:
- Powder density. The manufacturers tolerance can cause a slight variation
from the weight shown on the chart, and may even vary from lot to lot.
- Individual operators give varying amounts of vibration to the machine
causing the powder to pack. All loads should be checked during the actual
reloading cycle. Do not just throw a powder charge and expect it to be
the same as during the reloading cycle. Even the amount of powder in the
reloaders bottle may cause a slight variance.
- Powder exposed to the atmosphere can pick up moisture and weigh heavy.
- The larger the flake size, the lighter the charge tends to be.
- A machine that is not solidly mounted will usually not throw charges
as uniform as one that is.
- Single stage machines will usually throw heavier charges than progressive
The bushings chart does not represent recommended weights of charge.
Verification always the powder dose with 4r weighed.
Verification always the powder dose after 25-30 cartridge.